MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

My Blush Collection 2015

Hi guys! Today's entry is about the blushes I have in my collection. I did a view a few months ago about it and the photos are from the same time period but never the less I shall name this post my 2015 collection! :p * I will have a link to the video near the bottom of the post.

Cream Blushes

I only have 3 of these. These things are quite versatile as you can use them as a blush, blush base, lip colour and even eyeshadow (not all you can use it that matter as some formulations are quite irritating to the eyes.





  • This is a MAC cream color base in Virgin Isle. I have had this for a few years now, I bought it because of Gossmakeupartist on YouTube. He is a nice red based blush that would be perfect for a subtle blush when used lightly. If you want to replicate that nice sunburnt (or it looks like you've been in the sun) look then this would be the perfect colour for you.








  • This blush is from MUA (a UK brand), I have no idea what colour it is in. It is basically a blue toned pink, perfect for those with a fair complexion. I mean people with deeper skintones can use it too but it's pigmentation isn't that great, you literally have to pack it on to make it work for you. On my skin it just looks pink, there is no hint of the blue in my skin.




  • This beat up product is the NARS multiple stick in Orgasm. Again, I have had this product for absolute ages. As the name implies, there are many uses for this stick and you can use it for the purposes I have mentioned earlier. It is not very opaque on my skintone, I find that I have to pack it on but not as much as the MUA one. It is a warm toned pink with gold bits of fine shimmer. The shimmer isn't over powering so it doesn't make your face look like you've rolled in a bag of glitter.



Powder Blushes



  • Peaches - As the name implies it is a peach colour. It is a sheertone finish blush which basically means it is pigmented but you need to build it up. Which I think is a good way of applying blush especially if you are new to makeup and you don't want to look like a clown. I think this colour is flattering on most skintones.
  • Gingerly - Yet another sheertone blush. The colour is more of a brown ginger colour. I personally think that you would need to have a tanned skintone to pull of this colour. 
  • Coppertone - This blush has a matte finish. It is a nice silky finish type of blush, you will not look flat with this colour. The MAC website describes it a brown peach which I will have to agree with.


  • MAC - Golden Lariat from the Wonder Woman collection. This is a mineralize product and it has a highlight, bronzy peach blush and a orangie bronzer. I do not reach for this as much as I thought I would. I just don't really like how it is sheer on me, I tend to use the bronzer as a crease colour on my eyes.








  • NYX blush in Mocha. It really does not look like a mocha colour but it does have a light brown tone to it. In my opinion it is a matte finish, it is quite pigmented. It blends in pretty well on the skin. 
  • NYX Chaotic Illuminator is a warm peachy pink illuminator. Despite being an illuminator, it does have a decent amount of pigmentation which can be used as a shimmery blush. 






  • Sleek blush in Flamingo. This is a bright warm toned pink which has a matte finish. This is one of the most pigmented blushes that I have and I do use this blush quite often. It blends very easily on the skin. If you have a fairer skintone I would suggest to use a very light hand with this blush. This blush will definitely last you a long time.
  • Sleek blush in Flush. Again it is a matte finish blush and has the same properties as mentioned above. This is more of a true red blush. Some might be afraid to use this on themselves but it will definitely look good if you are going for that "sunburnt look" or flushed look. 



  • MUA Mozaic Bronzer in Shade 2. Yes I know mine is broken but I kept it because it is so natural on my skin. It mimics my natural blush colour, a brownish pink colour with minimal shimmer. The blocks are made of matte and fine shimmer blushes/bronzers. Technically you could use individual colours using a small brush but I use a large blush brush and swirl it and then tap off the excess and then apply it to my cheeks.


  • Sleek Blush by 3 in Lace. This palette consists of beautiful orange shades. The first one is more of a pumpkin colour, matte finish. The middle shade is an orange version of orgasm by NARS in the sense that it is an orange red blush with specks of golden shimmer but the shimmer is not too big that it is noticeable on the cheeks. The last shade is a red orange shade, matte finish. All colours are really pigmented and are not chalky.





  • BYS Blush Trio in Heart Skipped a Beat. This is a really affordable trio and the quality does reflect it to. The blushes are quite powdery but nothing I cannot work with. The first colour is a cool toned pink and it is matte. The middle shade is a slightly warmer shade of pink but really shimmery. It can be quite overwhelming if you apply too much and the last shade is a mauve matte shade.


0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top