MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Product Review: Soda & Co Sugar Scrub in Orange Splash


I personally dislike body scrubs as I find I have to use a lot of it and it dries out my skin. This product however has honestly changed my mind on body scrubs! Plus it has a mouthwatering citrusy scent that you cannot say no to. 

Claims

(Source: http://www.sodaandco.com/collections/exfoliating-moisturising-body-scrubs 27/03/2015)

As you can see above is screenshot from Soda & Co's website telling us about the product and when I first had a look I was impressed. Of course being a sceptical at first I was not too sure about the product having cocoa butter and jojoba because that would mean it would moisturise my skin too. In my head it didn't make sense as body scrubs are used to exfoliate and usually strip the skin of its oils in the process. 

The Product


The product comes in this cute tub and you get 225g of product. I know such an odd number for a product but whatever. The first thing I noticed was the smell, as soon as you open this tub the smell just fills in the bathroom and instantly makes you feel clean and fresh already. The sugar crystals are the typical scrub size and are soaked in a yellow liquid. I do find that I have to swirl the product around a bit to make sure that when I take a handful of the scrub out that it will be saturated in the liquid. 

Using the product

When using the product, you do not need much to scrub your entire body. Most body scrubs tend to fall off after you take your hand off your skin but this scrub in particular does the opposite. The crystals do stick to the skin to a certain extent. Obviously if you are dancing in the shower it will start to fall off. 

After I am done scrubbing my skin, I just use the shower head to rinse my body off. I find that my skin has a film of oil on the skin which is a pleasant surprise, I was not expecting it. This film moisturises my skin enough that I can skip using a moisturiser afterwards. The film also smells of the scrub and it does tend to linger for a few hours. 

Overall

I really like this product and I recommend this to people that are looking for a body scrub to try out. I did not think I would ever be a fan of a body scrub but this has definitely changed my mind on them. I have tried out many scrubs in the past and I have always felt that they were too harsh on my skin but with this, I feel that my skin is being pampered. 

If you guys are interested in trying this product out, you can order them from their official website. 

I have also done a video review on it



0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top