MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Make up in HK & the Philippines..

I've been using make up for maybe like 5 years already, 2 of those years were using purely drug store make up. I first started using make up in the Philippines, when I was there for college. I wanted to wear make up to look like a celebrity, we all went through that stage so don't judge me :p. I first started off with those really cheap make you find at the department store. Then I moved on to Maybelline, L'oreal Paris then Mac..

So let's get to the main topic of this entry. LOL. I've noticed a lot of things during my stay in the Manila, Philippines. First, the make up ladies at the counter of most department store that sell "drug store make up" DO NOT know how to do make up. Well for me they don't look like they do. Hahaha. I think they just attend a seminar about basic make up but I really have no idea. Secondly, the colour selection for foundations are very limited. I've seen on YouTube and the brand's site there is a wider range of colour for the foundations but they only like sell 3 or 4 shades of the foundation.

In Hong Kong, I say the make up ladies are far better trained when it comes to applying their own make up and choosing for their clients. For foundations, the colour selection is even worst for the foundations. They only have like 2 or 3 shades of the "drug store" foundation and they are always super light, mostly for fair skinned. I'm like not all people here in HK are that light!!!. Which caused me to go for the high end brand make up instead because they had the complete range of colours.

I just do not get it with "drug store" make up here in HK & Manila. It is like they are deliberately making you buy the high end brands instead. I love my Mac, Nars and MUFE but I'm trying to save money so I really want to buy the more affordable make up.

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top