MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Review of the Maybelline the Magnum Volum' Express

This is a product review of a mascara by Maybelline... Really long name right? Hahaha. But I guess it does give the product more drama, most people just call it the Magnum.. It is from the Volum' Express line, I've tried a mascara from that line a few years ago and I really liked how it made my eye lashes look even thicker..
 So the first thing you would notice is the bright packaging. It really is an eye catch because of the bright colours and the colour matching for me is just great.. If you are as obsessed with make up as I am then you would think it looks like the Colossal by Maybelline, which is sold I think in western countries.

Here are a couple of photos of the wand, its very unique. It is sort of curved, the bristles are only on the left and right side of the wand. The bristles start very short, which is great for the inner lashes, and become thicker at the end. 


When you pull the wand out of the tube, you will be glad to know there is little product residue. You know the goopy extra mascara at the end of your wand. I don't personally know how to use the wand. They don't sell mascaras here in HK with a box or anything. You just get it wrapped in a plastic and usually if there are instructions on the plastic covering it is in Cantonese. Yes I do not know how to speak or read Cantonese. Hahaha.





Here is a picture of my lashed. NAKED!!!!




Here is a picture of my lashes with one coat of the mascara. It doesn't give that much volume at the first coat. Instead it gives you a slightly volumized defined look, which for the ordinary person would be great for an everyday look.


 Now, this is a photo of my lashes with 2 or 3 coats of the mascara. If you are the type of person who wants real dramatic lashes, apply 2 or 3 coats of this thing. With mascaras that promise to give you thicker lashes you can't really avoid it when you lashes start to clump. Use a mascara comb, brush or that brow brush. I personally prefer a brow brush.

I would rate this as a 3.5/5.  The packaging is beautiful. It does deliver and gives you the volumised look. Besides the fact that it feels kind of hard, it is a great mascara. I only gave it that score because I can only find black in the stores here. I would love it even more if it was in an blackest black or darker black.








0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top