MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Review of the Sally Hansen Hair Creme Bleach for face

This is a review for the Sally Hansen Hair Creme Bleach for facial hair. Prior to starting my YouTube channel and this blog, I used to experiment with my hair a lot. My natural hair colour is black, as in really black almost jet-black. I use to colour my hair in different hues of brown and I went blonde for a time. I then realised that my brows were a different colour and that even if the stylists would put the same colour they used on my scalp hair on my eye brows, the colours would not stay on my brows for too long or my brows would still be darker then my scalp hair. I then decided to look for products or salons that would do this kind of service, unfortunately I could not find any. I searched for like months just looking for a product that I could use that was safe for the brows and my eyes. 


If you live in Manila, you can find this at Landmark. I bought my first box at the Landmark at North Edsa station. I do not remember exactly how much this costs, but I think is about 500 pesos or somewhere near that denomination. I think they also sell these in Watsons, I'm not sure about that. 


If you live in Hong Kong,  you can find this product at CitySuper. I bought my box at CitySuper Times Square, Causewaybay. This costs around HK $68, I think. I'm really bad with prices.. LOL.. That is the only place I've seen so far that sells this product. 


Back to the review!!!!! Sorry for all the blabbing.. 


Sally Hansen Hair Creme Bleach
This is just the review of the product, I will have sort of a tutorial video up in a few weeks.. :)



 This product comes in a variety of version, if you want to bleach any hair on your face go for the "for face" version so it won't be so harsh on your skin. They also have an extra strength that works for the face & body. You could use that but just adjust with it.  


The packaging is just very simple and looks clean. I noticed most of products from Sally Hansen just look like this. So that claims are:


1. Fast yet gentle
2. Lightens unwanted hair
3. Consistent results every times


It also dermatologist tested & salon tested. 



At the back, there is information about the product. And just basically says that.. 



 When you open the box you get 5 items (6 if you buy it in HK). The kit comes with Creme Bleach, Baking Soda Activator, Mixing Tray, Applicator and instructions. If you live in HK, the kit also comes with a instructions in Chinese.



 The activator comes in this small bottle. The product is in a powder form and kind of has a smell. Nothing bad or anything. It just has a smell. So according to the website it is made of Ammonium Bicarbonate, Zeolite, Silica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Sodium Bicarbonate.




The bleach comes in this little jar/pot. It is in cream form. It also has a smell but not as strong as the activator. According to the website, it is made of Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Hydrogen Peroxide, Mineral Oil, Laneth-16, Ceteth-16, Oleth-16, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Lanolin Alcohol, Steareth-16, Phosphoric Acid, Fragrance.

So the applicator and the mixing tray? Just a small plastic spoon/spatula and a plastic card. Nothing special there. 

PATCH TEST!

I do have to stress out that this is bleach and it may cause irritations and you do not want to have red skin around your brows, that would look totally weird. Basically, a patch test is an allergy test. From my training, this is done by choosing bare skin to conduct the test. A good place would be the at the cubital fossa or elbow pit, just above it. Make sure the area you choose is bare, as in there is no hair. Then get a cotton swab with alcohol on it and just cleanse the area. Then apply a small amount of the mixture and just leave it on for 10 minutes. After that rinse and wait for an additional 30 minutes to see if your skin does react. That's if you are rushing but the ideal waiting time is 24 hours. The instructions paper does have a brief way of doing this. :)

LET'S DO THIS!
This is from the website

1. Wash face gently with soap and water.  Pat dry.
2. Use the Spatula to scoop one heaping spatula full of 
    Activator (about 1/4 teaspoon) into mixing tray.
3. After washing and drying Spatula, measure two heaping 
    spatulas full of Creme Bleach (about 1/2 teaspoon) into 
    Mixing Tray. 
4. Blend Activator and Creme Bleach thoroughly in the 
    Mixing Tray.
5. With Spatula, apply thoroughly blended mixture onto 
    area to be bleached.  Be sure to cover all hair.
6. Leave mixture on face for 8 minutes; remove with 
    Spatula.  If hair needs more lightening, reapply and wait 
    another 5 minutes.
7. When bleaching is complete, wash mixture off your face 
    with cool water.
8. Wash and dry Spatula and Mixing Tray

Now for me, I would add a few more steps but I'll discuss more of that in my applications video & post.

Summary

This is a good product, I did not have any irritations every time I use this. Just a simple way to bleach your eyebrows. The results are good because when you use DIY bleaching kits, you hair turns out brassy/orange which isn't a look that most people would go for. This doesn't do that. You get golden or ashy hair, depending on how long you leave it on your brows. Another good thing about this product is that you can use it numerous times and get the same results. So you can justify the price, if you feel its a bit pricey like me.. LOL.. 

I'll have a video version of this review up in a few days.. Just check back if you like to watch me just repeat & summarise things.. LOL.. 

5 Comments

  1. Wow. I like dying my hair and I've been having to gel my brows everyday... this sounds really good! I'll have to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to buy sally hansen for my arm because i have dark and thick hair on arm,but never bothered to try it because i had a strong feeling that it wouldn't work for me,and that it's a waste of money?,.now can i ask you if its really work since you try it?pls response to my message??ill wait,tnx so much if its work i will buy right away ehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a great job. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site.
    Manchas na Pele

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top