MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Review of the Max Factor Xperience Mascara

Max Factor Xperience Mascara

This mascara is part of a new line from Max Factor, in my opinion is quite understated. This line is not really that big, it just has a foundation and a mascara. Basically the line is all about wearing something on your skin without that heavy feel which I believe is a good quality and that most make up brands should follow.

Here is what is written on the Max Factor UK website:

"For up to 3 x* the volume and a lightweight feel try Xperience Volumising Mascara and let your lashes flutter. This advanced mousse effect mascara lifts lashes giving them a light but gorgeous hit of drama. Your lashes look fuller, thicker and more lifted* without the heavy or stiff feel some traditional mascaras can often leave behind.

*vs bare lashes "


Now I have an issue with the "*vs bare lashes" statement. Come on, of course you will get a bit of those results with any mascara. I wish they compared it or something!


Packaging

I bought this product in one of the drugstore here in HK and as most mascaras here, they do not come in a box or that card board thing. It just comes as a tube with some plastic covering it and sealing it. 


The packaging is very simple actually, nothing too fancy but I have to say the black and the green "X" on it makes it a bit chic. The container feels like its made of standard quality plastic and its not too smooth that its slippery on your hands. Its just the standard size mascara.


Brush


The brush its self reminds of the covergirl lashblast or Max Factor flash lash effect's in the sense that its made out of synthetic bristles but the tinnier version of it. At first when I opened the tube, I thought how on earth is this going to volumise my lashes?! But then everything turned out ok. I find this brush very useful when applying mascara on the lower lash line as the bristles are very short, the chances of getting mascara on your lower lash line is lower. The mascara is very black as well which I find very wonderful!..


Product

The product itself is pretty standard for me, I've used a lot of mascara and I can this just an average mascara to me. The formula is wet but it dries pretty fast which for me is a good thing. Once applied on the lashes it does not move throughout the day and I did not notice any flaking. 


So this is what you get after a coat of mascara. I find that one coat of mascara just gives you a nice clean volumised look which might be perfect for an everyday defined lash look. I find the brush size very useful when applying mascara on the inner & outter lashes. 
 
 For the second, I didn't find it difficult to apply it. Pretty smooth application as well, still provides that nice clean volumised look and my lashes appear to be longer than usually. I am not sure if its because the mascara is lifting my lashes or it has lengthening properties but I thinks it just just lifting. 
 



And there you go, I know the photos arent of the same size and everything but you can really tell that its given my lashes a lot of volume. 


I personally think this mascara is really good and I might repurchase it but as a second choice mascara. That is just me, I honestly have nothing bad to say about the mascara. Its formula & staying power is great! It is a very black mascara. The only issue that I have with this mascara is that is gives me a clean lash look and if you know me, I don't really go for that kind of mascara. I tend to lean more on the volumising mascara that are a bit clumpy. But overall this is a good mascara and if you want clean volumised lashed then this is the mascara for you!

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top