MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Review of L'oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes

This is a review of one of the latest mascaras by L'oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes. This mascara is known as the Voluminous Million Lashes in other parts of the world. Now this is another mascara that is endorsed by Eva Longoria. I just love her look, she always goes for dramatic eyes and I thought I would get lashes similar to her look in the ads. This mascara is so hard to find in HK. The only place I found this mascara was in the DFS in TST. I got it in a set, the set consisted of 2 of these mascaras & a khol eye liner pencil.


Packaging


 I got this product in a set which included 2 of these mascara and a black khol liner. The tube itself is just gorgeous! It is like a pale reflective packaging and some black. It borrows its outer design from the Ultra Collagene Mascara also by L'oreal. It has that clean brush mechanism which is just basically a tighter stopper so that you do not get so much product on your brush!

Formula

The formula is a wet formula but you might have to wait for it to dry but not too long. Maybe like a minute and it should dry. It kind of has a smell that annoys me a bit but it goes away after a while so no worries. I didn't observe any flaking or smudging throughout the day and even when I accidently got water on my lashes, it didn't run instantly. So this is good for people who wear contact lens and if you frequently rehydrate your eyes. I must say this mascara is very pigmented, the only colour available is black here in HK. It is blacker than most black mascara out there and it does not turn gray after a few hours.

Brush



The brush is made of rubber, or at least to me it seems like rubber. The bristles are pretty moderate lenght. I like how its starts short at the front which makes it easier to get mascara on your outer and inner lashes. I also like that the brush itself it colored yellow so you know if you have mascara on the wand.
This is how one coat of the mascara looks like on my lashes. Its giving me lenght which is ok but lacking in the volume department! Despite using the wiggling method I find that it does not give that much volume.
 
 After 2 coats of mascara, it builds up the volume and the lenght but I still think the lenght is much more than the volume. Gives a ok lift for my lashes.

This is the result of 2 coats of the mascara on my lashes. I forgot to take a photo of my lashes without the mascara before I applied it and I was too lazy to take another photo, so please wear with an old photo of my lashes.
You can really see the difference with my lashes with & without the mascara. I like this mascara but I am not totally crazy for it. I guess if I feel like I want longer lashes then this is the mascara I would grab for. Like for example, if I am wearing thick eyeliner and I feel like you cannot see my lashes anymore, I definitely grab for this mascara so that you can see my lashes.

Overall, I think this is a good mascara and I recommend this mascara for those who has ok lenght lashes and want more lenght in their lashes or if you like to wear thick eyeliner and you want your lashes to be seen!

3 Comments

  1. you're a man?! mascara???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't leave such a stupid comment. Participate in a constructive way or keep it to yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top