MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Product Review: Face of Australia's Photo Finish Foundation

(Shades Honey & Tan)

Finally drugstore brand that has a decent shade for tanner complexions. Face of Australia offers 4 cream shades with decent coverage and lasting power. Though promises stated online are contradictory.

Promises

I have been doing some research online, websites such as Priceline and other online stores both state this foundation to have a dewy finish. The packaging state otherwise, it states it gives a matte finish. It also states that it is a creme to powder finish. 

Other promises include:
- Long wearing
- Poreless finish
- Will not cake or sink into fine lines

Packaging



This product comes in a compact and the material used to make the case does not feel cheap which is always a plus. Each foundation shade has a different coloured logo in the front but the pattern design is the same for all shades. It comes with a decent mirror and there is a sponge, the quality is pretty decent to. Overall I think it is a well constructed foundation.

Shade Range

(Honey and Tan)

This foundation line has 4 shades. There are 2 pale shades and 2 tanner shades. Oddly enough the tanner shades are quite deep/dark. I have honey and tan as they are the only two shades that would work with my complexion. Honey is a slightly pink toned colour and Tan is a warmer colour. Both of which work really well with my NC42-43 complexion.

My Experience 

I have been using this foundation for roughly 3-4 weeks now. I have used it with and without primers. I believe I am ready to give my opinion about this foundation. Let us first start with the negatives. I find that this foundation gives me a demi matte finish. I do not find that it sets well by itself, I always have to use a setting powder on it. My forehead has 2 fine lines whenever my skin is dehydrated or when I do not prime well enough. I find this foundation settles in my fine lines.

As for the positives, I find my skin always poreless and the foundation lasts pretty well. Without a primer I find the foundation lasts a good 5 hours and by the 7th hour it is almost gone. With a primer it lasts a good 7 hours with minimal loss of coverage. By 10 hours I find it is still pretty good. 

Overall

I think this is a decent foundation. I will continue to use it but I do not think I will repurchase it. I will try out other foundations. If you guys are on a budget and would like to try out a cream foundation, I would recommend this. Unfortunately the brand does not have that many shades to choose from. Hopefully they will release more shades. 



0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top