MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Makeup Setting Sprays


When I first started with makeup, I never heard of makeup setting sprays. The thought of spraying water all over my face after I have done my makeup was just wrong. However, once I tried one out my makeup game has never been the same!
Many brands from high end to drugstore have a setting spray in their collection. Each has a different purpose and different finish. However most have the common goal of making your makeup look less cakey and sealing in the makeup so that it will last much longer.

In this blog post, I wanted to share with you guys the setting sprays that I have come to love and use often to set my makeup. Their prices, finishes and lasting powers are all different. However each has a special place in my heart.

Innoxa Anti-Ageing Make-up Setting Spray 



I really like the smell of this setting spray, it smells of cucumbers. It definitely gives a refreshing feeling when you spritz this all over your face once you've done your makeup. It dries quickly and isn't sticky. Perfect combo for a drugstore setting spray. It does help keep the makeup on for longer than 8 hours. Only complaint is that it doesn't keep you shine free for too long. My T-zone always gets oily after a few hours and this does not seem to help calm it down. Never the less, its perfect for those on a budget looking for a setting spray to keep their faces on.

NYX Dewy Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray


NYX is a brand known for creating quality and affordable makeup. They did not disappoint in the setting spray department. They have two variants of the spray, a dewy and matte finish. To be honest the matte finish still gave me a dewy look which is why I did not not include it in this post. I love the dewy finish it gives the skin, it looks natural and gives you a healthy glow instead of making you look like a glazed donut. Definitely a long lasting makeup spray and I loved using it even in the Aussie summer. I tend to get really oily around the T-zone in the summer and this didn't make me looking like a grease ball. Another highly recommended product to try out if you are on a budget.

Victoria's Secret Make it Last Prime & Set Makeup Spray


First of all can we take a second to appreciate the packaging? I love it, only probably is it can get quite dirty easily. Now onto the spray, it is definitely one of my HG setting sprays. It gives the skin and amazing healthy, satin finish. In addition to that, it really does make your makeup last all day. I find that my t-zone looks less oily compared to the previously mentioned setting sprays when I wear this even when I go out to a warm club. If you can access VS, I highly recommend you check it out. 

Skindinavia The Makeup Finishing Spray


Another one of my HG setting sprays. I usually go back and forth with this and the VS setting spray when I am looking for something that will definitely LOCK my makeup in place. This claims to hold your makeup in for 16hrs, I haven't been able to wear my makeup that long to test that claim out but I have worn it for at least 10 hrs and I can definitely say besides a little oil around the nose the look still pretty much looks untouched. I have used it in both the summer and winter here and it performs the same regardless of temperature. Highly recommend this one as well! It is a bit pricey compared to the other but if you have the money to splurge on a high quality product this is a must have!

4 Comments

  1. I must say I love setting sprays! The ELF one is made in China, which might be harmful to your skin since there's poor regulations there. I believe the rest on your list are US-made though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading hun! It is important to look at how and where companies make their products.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for reading hun! It is important to look at how and where companies make their products.

      Delete
  2. I am reading your post from the beginning, it was so interesting to read & I feel thanks to you for posting such a good blog, keep updates regularly.

    Best Makeup Setting Spray

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top