MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Clinique for Men Post Shave Soother


After shave balms are always a hit or miss for me. Either they work incredibly well or they sting so bad, you instantly regret buying it. How does this high end after shave compare?


My Skin

I have normal skin and at time my chin can be quite oily in the summer and it is quite delicate around where my facial hair grows. I have the typical asian “I can’t grow a beard” facial hair type, I have hairs where you would expect a full beard and moustache. I like to wear makeup and when I do I usually shave. I always do a close shave, against how the hair grows. This is not recommended by many but if I am going to be wearing, seeing a full face of makeup with beard line is not what I prefer. My facial hair is not particularly thick but it does hurt when they start growing after I have just shaved. 

Claims

The product states it contains aloe vera which is known to help sooth troubled skin. In this case it promises that it will help clam razor burn and relieve dryness and encourages healing of minor nicks and cuts. It also states that it is suitable for all skin types.


My Experience

It is a fairly simple product to use, as with most after shave lotions or balms, you apply it right after you have shaved. I typically use a gel form of shaving gel from the drugstore and use disposable razors to shave. I normally get a bit red and often times bleed a bit after I shave, this is regardless of shaving cream/gel or razor I use. I found that after patting this onto my skin right after shaving that the redness is very minimal or non existent and there is barely any irritation. There were times that I used a disposable razor far longer than I should and I would experience minor nicks and cuts that would take ages to heal, when I used this product I found that there were few cuts that bled as they normally would or I would not experience any bleeding at all. 

I have only ever needed a pea sized amount of the product to calm my skin down and it absorbs fairly quick into the skin. I usually let it sink in for roughly a minute before following up with my regular moisturiser. I do not find that it balls up or reacts negatively to other products I apply thereafter. I do wear foundation and concealer around the beard area and I do not find it decreases the longevity of my makeup or increase the oil around those areas.

Overall

I am truly amazed by this product, many after shaves I have used in the past have only irritated my skin due to their alcohol content but this product by Clinique is absolutely brilliant. It lives up to its claims and does not interfere with my makeup at all. It is a life saver as I have been looking for a product to help stop the irritation I experience whenever I shave. This product retails for AUD 40, quite the price tag I must admit but for what it does I will definitely be repurchasing. It can be purchased at David Jones and Clinique’s Website

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top