MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Real Techniques Bold Metal Collection Brushes Finally hit Australia!


Finally the Bold Metal Collection brushes have arrived in Australia! A few weeks ago I was lucky to have been invited to the launch in Melbourne. I also got to take home the entire range home!



Many of us are familiar with the original brush line by Real Technique and they are simply amazing! For drugstore brushes they have proven to be one of the best brushes out there, if not the best! Now the company has released their high end brushes and true the company's reputation they are simply amazing! 

Yes they will be more expensive compared to the original line, however you are paying for high quality brushes. The PR reps have stated that the new brush line is priced in between the original brush line and popular high end brushes. These brushes feature sleek metals combined with the highest-grade synthetic brush fibres which makes the bristles extremely soft and luxurious on the skin. I was almost sadden when I gave the brushes a try for the first time as I did not want to get they dirty. Each brush also has a square/diamond shape handle which helps prevent your brushes from rolling off your desk. 

Currently there are 7 brushes in the line and the brushes are colour coded. These being Gold, Silver and Rose Gold

Gold

The brushes in this range are designed to apply base products. The bristles close the ferrule are of a golden champagne colour and fade out to white at the ends.



This is their triangle foundation brush (101) which I honestly found quite strange when I first saw images online. After playing with it for a while, I have learned how to utilise its shape to get into the corners of the face such as the sides of the nose and the under eye are. The blends foundation well into the skin without leaving brush streaks over the face, regardless of the type of product used. This brush will retail for AUD 59










This is the Arched Powder brush (100). When I first felt the brush on the back of my hand I instantly fell in love! The bristle are extremely soft and I honestly forgot that they were synthetic bristles. It is a joy to use this to apply loose powder all over the face. This brush will retail for AUD 65.






Silver

These brushes were designed to be used around the eye area. The bristles close to the ferrule are grey and fade out to a white colour. 





This is the Oval Shadow brush (200). Upon first glance, I thought the brush would be too big to do anything but pack on colour to the lids. However once I started playing around with the brush I found my eyeshadow application was much quicker. I use the brush flat to apply colour and vertically when I blend out the edges and it works really well. This will retail for AUD 39.










This is the Pointed Crease brush (201). This claimed to be the ultimate smokey eye tool. I have to agree with that as it is great for applying shadow onto the crease, it helps apply a diffused line which gives that instant smokey effect. As I usually rock the classic smokey eye look more often I tend to use this brush more for nose contouring. This brush will retail for AUD 39.










This is the Angled Liner brush (202). The bristles are really soft on this brush which makes it perfect for eyeliner application. The brush helps glide on the product with precision. It can be used on the brow as well however I would suggest using a gel based product with it for the brows. This brush will retail for AUD 39.








Rose Gold

These brushes are designed for the finishing touch in the makeup application. The bristles closest to the ferrule are of a rose gold colour that fade out to white. 







This is the Tapered Blush brush (300). Much like the arched powder brush the bristles on this brush are extremely soft. It is quite small for blush application, in my opinion but it gets the job done. I mostly use this for highlight application as it is the perfect size for it. This brush will retail for AUD 59.










This is the Flat Contour brush (301). At first when I saw the brush in person I was skeptical about using it for contour. It is quite a dense and thick brush. However once I had started using it, I realised how amazing it is for contour application. It basically acts like a buffing brush and really applies the colour with minimal product. With my other contour brushes I found they would dust a lot of the product off while this brush just buffs it into the skin. This brush will retail for AUD 65.





I have been using these brushes for about 2 weeks now and I am obsessed with them! Some more than others as I still have favourites from their original brush line and other brands. The brushes are easy to clean, have not shed at all and I found dry quicker than other brushes.

Overall, I highly recommend these brushes to anyone considering to invest in higher end and amazing quality brushes. My personal recommendations are the Arched Powder Brush, Crease Brush, Blush brush and the Flat Contour brushes.  This brush are currently available for purchase online at www.realtechniques.com.au and will be available in Pricelines stores in Australia from late August.

I have done a first impressions video trying out the brushes on my channel as well.

________________________________________________________________________________


The launch party was fantastic. This was my first time at launch so I was very excited. I also got to share this wonderful experience with some of my blogger friends TheSkinCareObsessive, Melissa Bubbles, Kitsch Snitch & Three Bs. I would also like to thank Lisa and the people behind Real Techniques in Australia for inviting me to the event and for bringing such wonderful brushes to Australia.

http://theskincareobsessive.blogspot.com.au/
http://bbubbles16.blogspot.com.au/
http://kitschsnitch.blogspot.com.au/
http://babybeautyandbody.blogspot.com.au/

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top