MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation | ThePopHeir | REVIEW


Maybelline has definitely been upping their foundation game in recent years. This new foundation is definitely one of their best foundations yet! I thought I liked the original formula but this has taken the crown!
This foundation is more aimed at those with oilier skin and that also have larger pores. The colour range in Australia is pretty bad as 310 is the darkest shade they offer. This yet another foundation that does not come with a pump. However most of the shades are either neutral or yellow based which is fantastic!

I have normal skin with an oily t-zone. In the colder months I might have a dry patch on my forehead every now and then. I wear a primer 95% of the time. I always use a moisture and a sunscreen underneath it all. My skin is far from perfect, I have an uneven skintone and have acne marks. For reference I am a NC42 in MAC.

Formula

The foundation itself is quite a thick liquid, not very runny and does not have a smell. It is quite easy to blend. I have used my fingers, brushes and beauty sponges to blend it to the skin and there are no issues there. 

My Experience

I consider this one of the best drugstore foundations out there. The coverage is medium at best, I find with a beauty sponge I would need to apply two layers to get a medium coverage and just one layer with a brush or fingers. The finish of this foundation is demi-matte, I always set with my foundation with a powder. I never look cakey with this foundation and it does not give that really bad foundation look. 

It wore really well throughout the day and kept the poreless look. In terms of the matte look, it did help keep my face shine free for a good 4 hours. After which I found my face started to have a dewy finish which I did not mind. By the 6-8th hour the foundation still looked okay but definitely needed to either be blotted and/or touched up with a powder.

Compared to the Original Formula


I have been a big fan of the original formula (I suspect has been renamed to the dewy finish version) but it never really lasted it on my skin so I would only wear it for a few hours. The original formula's shades also ran more warm and a tad bit darker. As seen in the photo above, the original formula in 310 compared to the Matte + Poreless version in the centre. In addition to that, the original formula has SPF in it whereas the Matte + Poreless does not.

Overall

This has definitely one of my HG drugstore foundations. I absolutely love the quality and the look of this foundation on my skin. Despite lacking SPF and the colour being a bit lighter, I think the foundation is awesome. I highly recommend this foundation for those looking for an affordable medium coverage foundation.

Unfortunately not everyone can get a shade here in Australia so if you have a deeper complexion I recommend checking out eBay for sellers that might have a darker shade. 

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top