MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Is the SiliSponge an innovation or just plain silly? | ThePopHeir | Product Review


As many of you already know, this product has taken the makeup lover world by storm! The first I saw of this was on Instagram and then suddenly you get big YouTubers like Jeffree Star testing out the product. I thought I would share my thoughts and opinions while using this product.


This applicator is currently being marketed as the sponge that saves your product, quite low maintenance and lasts A LONG TIME. Those are some of the promises listed on Molly Cosmetic's Website. It also appears that they are marketing it to makeup artists but obviously the average makeup enthusiast as well. 

I did a live, demo, first impressions video on the channel of me using the sponge.



My Experience

In terms of application, using it for the first time was very strange, I found the method of swiping the foundation around in different directions very different from what I normally did when using a makeup sponge. I found this was the only way I could completely cover up my pores with foundation. The same can be achieved with blending concealer, however I found that it did not blend the concealer close enough to my lower lash line. I also found that it did not blend my colour corrector well with my foundation, it just seemed to just pat the foundation on top of it.

As for saving me foundation, I completely agree with their claim that it saves you foundation. I literally cut down on my foundation pumps by half or even less at times. Though I did find it a bit messy as I had to constantly change positions holding the sponge while I was applying the foundation.

Overall

I, honestly, am still indifferent with the sponge. I find that I spend a bit more time with my foundation application, it does not blend as well as a traditional makeup sponge. However it does save you a lot of foundation. I personally do not love or hate the product, it has it's purpose but I do not think it is something I will gravitate towards often.

If you live in Australia and would like to get your hands on the product, you can either purchase it from the official Molly Cosmetics Website or from their official reseller which is MC endorsed. To follow their Instagram click here and to go to their online store click here


0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top