MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Review of the Revlon BB Moisture Cream

If you don't live in Asia and don't have severe scaring on you skin, then you probably never heard of BB creams. Well a BB cream is a Blemish Balm, it was first used in Germany and found its way to Korea. From there, the product just became such a hit! (That is as brief as I can tell you the history of BB Creams) This is the 2nd BB cream I've ever tried, the first one was by Maybelline and I have to say that thing was just so horrible on me. Mostly on the fact that it was way too light on me. On the advert for the Maybelline BB cream, it said it was suppose to match all skin tones. Yeah right!

Anyway, back to the main topic. This is Revlon's first BB cream and it comes in 3 shades, which is step into the right direction. Most BB creams just come in 2 shades, which I think is so unfair considering not all asians have fair skin. Revlon came out with 3 shades. I don't remember all the shades but I got mine in 03 Medium Beige, which is the darkest colour they do.


 Packaging
 I coudn't really find much information on the product because its a japanese product that they just sell here in HK. Its part of the official revlon products that are sold in HK, its just they do not advertise a lot. I was fortunate enough to find a blogger who had translated some information about the product. (feel free to check it out http://babyadore.blogspot.com) So basically, this is suppose to moisturise, improve your skin and can be used as a foundation.

 BB creams have never been a thing I wanted to try again after my horrible experience with the maybelline one but as I said before usually I am in shade 3 when comes to foundations so I gave this a shot. This product comes in a squeeze type bottle, screw top. When you buy it in the store, its just wrapped in a clear plastic and that's it. The bottle contains 1 FL Oz/30mL of product, so that's just the standard amount. It has SPF 30 PA+++, I have no idea what PA +++ means but I guess its good.

Formula
 I also read that this product is suppose to give you a nice reflective & dewy finish. Basically it means, it will give you a nice radiant glow. The consistency of the product is kind of thick, but since its a Balm that could explain it. Despite its thick consistency its not that hard to blend into your skin. It does give you a radiant & dewy finish. I feel that it gives me a light to medium coverage. Just for reference, I use NC40 in MAC. I feel that this product is a tad light on me but that could just be the radiant effect thing. I'm not sure about that. Despite my normal skin tone, I find myself blotting the excess oil during the day if I didn't set this.


Summary
Positive
  • SPF 30 - always good to have SPF in your products
  • Moisturising - really helps in winter
  • Light to Medium Coverage
Negative
  • A bit too light on me - might be because of its radiant nature
  • Too dewy - you might need to set this
  • Limited Colour range


All in all, this is an OK product. This is something that I'll probably finish or use as something else like maybe as a base or something. I wouldn't go out and buy this again. However, if you want to try BB creams and you are tanned like me then I would suggest to use this because no other brand makes BB creams darker.

1 Comments

  1. Wow, I didn't know Revlon had a BB cream in Asia. I had heard of Maybelline having one though. I have tan skin (MAC NC37) and the only BB cream I know of that caters to medium/tan skintones is Missha M Perfect Cover, which I use! I bought No. 23 which is the second to darkest and mix it with tinted moisturizer :)

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top