MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Product Review Smashbox Sheer Focus

I have had this product for almost 4 months now and I've use quite a lot of it. I really like this product and if you keep reading you will find out why. :) I do not remember how much this item costs though. I bought this at Lane Crawford in Pacific Place, I am unaware where the other branches are but I'm sure you can find something on google.

Packaging
This product comes in a box with all the information such as ingridients and what not.. There isn't much to say about the box because it is pretty basic..

Let's move on to the bottle of the product. It comes in this squeezy tube bottle which I am not totally in love with but then again it is just a tinted moisturiser so, ok fine.. The tube is black and has a small rectangular transparent spot where you can see the colour of the tinted moisturiser and to check how much product you have left..


On the back of the tube you can see the name of the colour of the moisturiser and more information about the product such as the ingridients and stuff..



It has a cap with an attached lid which I think is very convenient, at least you won't experience the problem losing the cap/cover! The tube kind of reminds me of the revlon colorstay mineral foundation and ELF's product, mainly because they have the same design and colour scheme.


There is a downside to this type of packaging, since this is a tinted moisturiser most likely you will be applying this product with your hands. After you use your hands to apply the product you will use your hands again to close the cap. You will have a tendency to get the bottle dirty. Other than that I do not have any problems with the product.

Product
When you think about a tinted moisturiser, you would think it has uber little or almost no coverage at all.. Well that's what I had in mind when I was considering buying one.. Surprisingly I do not like wearing foundation everyday, especially for work..

Smashbox has a few shades for you to choose from but the colour names can be confusing. I use the shade light, which for me is a shocker! I say shocker because usually for most things I put on my face I'm usually in the shade medium or darker. The thing with this product the colours are darker than they seem to be.. Now when I say that I mean the labels are a bit misleading.. When I went to the counter, I swatched medium and light on my skin and the medium was way too dark on my hand.. So I decided maybe I should go for the light one because it is a tinted moisturiser it might not be that noticable but when I got home I realised it is the best shade for me..

On to the product itself, the pigmentation/coverage you get is pretty good. When I got it on my hand I had this thought "is this foundation or a tinted moisturiser?" , I said that because the coverage was a lot more than I expected.

The texture is a bit thick, because I had to preconception that this is a moisturiser and it will be very fluidy or creamy but it just reminded me so much a foundation.. It is very easy to blend on the skin and you need very little to cover your face..

As the coverage is light, it will just evenout your skintone and not cover redness or acne scars.. The finish is dewy, if you know me I love dewy finishes.. It does not last that long on the skin but what do you expect from a tinted moisturiser?! Oh oh oh It contains SPF! Not much I know but it beats not having anything to protect you right?

I have a normal skin type and I do not find this to make me oily or anything, so this might be good for oily skin.. As for dry skin type, I do not think this is moisturising enought so you might need to put your favourite moisturiser underneath.



Overall I feel this product is worth the money! Most other tinted moisturisers do not do much for you except to moisturise your skin.. This is just perfect for me because I am the type of person who cannot leave the house without putting someting on. In this day and age, you are always in a rush and do not have the time to pile on the foundation before you leave for work.. I think this would also be great for teens who want to wear something on their skin and of course for men who just want to look healthy.

1 Comments

  1. When I saw the new ELF TM, I was reminded of the Smashbox TM too!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top