MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Just a Blog Entry: New Era

The title might be a little too dramatic but I' gay so expect DRAMA!!
My personal life and stuff have been really taking a lot of my time plus I am really lazy when it comes to typing but I guess I should be more active on here as well. This is basically going to a new series. As you can tell from the title it says "Just a Blog Entry" so that just basically means, this is more of a personal blog from me to you guys. Just updating you guys with my thoughts and plans for the channel. Would do it on the Facebook page but it would be too long and lets be honest, there are too many distractions on Facebook for you to notice what I have to say.

Let's get down to business. In the past few months, I was asking people for swaps but not a lot of them have materialised. Currently I have done another swap with xoGoxo. So I'll do another swap video, but Grace gave me an idea about doing the unboxing live. I really think it is a good idea so you guys can expect that video coming up.

Recently I received an eyeshadow palette from a friend of mine. She has this online store that, I believe, she owns with a friend of hers. She gave it to me so that I can do a review on it and do make up looks, of course I said yes. I was really honoured that she though of me, when I am not popular on YouTube. Yes I have a following now but it is not as large as many other YouTubers here in Hong Kong. Anyway, the palette has 120 shadows in it. All vibrant beautiful colours ranging from light to dark, pretty similar to the Coastal Scents Prism Palette that I have shown before. I will post all the details about that in video form and a blog entry.  Like I said, I am really trying this time to be very active at blogging. I suddenly developed the urge to type. I dunno if you have noticed, I just type what I have in mind. LOL.

I have two RANTS so if you do not like reading about things like these, feel free to skip this and the next paragraph. One is girls who wear tons of make and feel like they are Miss Universe. It is so funny how they have this confidence yet look weird. Ok,I for one will admit I have had major make up mistakes in the past but I corrected it. So I can now say what is thick make up and just looking fresh. What I have learned it that you can only get away with 2 strong make up focuses. When I say that, its either just the eyes, lips, cheeks, skin or the contours of the face. Anymore than that is very theatrical. Only a few people can pull off the whole thick make up look. I have been very observant on the train and seen so many woman with thick arse foundation. BB creams that are way toooooo light and greasy on them, its disgusting! Its like they literally painted their faces with paint and it doesn't dry. Then blush on both cheeks that look like one straight line. Literally one straight line, even goes across their nose. I could go on about this but I will just make a parody about this. LOL

The second rant is about copycats. Before I start, I will admit the beginning of my YouTube life I really was inspired by Gossmakeupartist and by the Pixiwoo sisters. I love their professionalism and their personalities. They have all have a perfect balance between the perfessionalism and personality in their videos. I tried to replicate this and even to this day. Another thing I will admit I copied was the wink that Goss does. After a few make up tutorials, I decided to stop the wink. I feared the comparison. I am by no means a make up artist and I am just shit compared to Goss. The other thing, the balance, I have kept that but changed it up so that it would suit my personality more. So instead of copying, I have turned it into inpsired. Ok that being said, some YouTubers just love copying their idols. I am Filipino so I can understand that being compared to your idol is a big compliment in our culture. But there are so many out there that just copy and copy. Like come on, get a life and get some originality in the content of your videos. From the style, apperrance and make up techique. Gosh I find it irritating. I am not referring to just one YouTuber, I am referring to a lot of them. This is not also limited to the Filipino YouTubers out there. Many youtubers from across the world are like that. Its great and all but get some originality. But I must also say, this is how I feel about this kind of copying. Maybe they have their own reasons. Like significant reasons in their life, that why they do this.

Ok rant is over! As mentioned on the page, I have made a Facebook Fanpage. Please got to http://www.facebook.com/thepopheir Like it, share it to your friends! You can also find me on twitter, I am way more active there than anywhere else. http://www.twitter.com/popheir Send me a tweet, I'm not snobby bitch like the others, yes I do believe they are full of themselves!

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top