MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

My Journey to Blonde (Part 2)

That was basically my first attempt at being blonde. My 2nd attempt at going blonde was when I moved to Australia and I got my base lighten with highlights but that was pretty boring. Then I discovered the lightening sprays you can get from the drug store and thought it might work and it did.


 In this photo, you can see the contrast between the base and the highlights. My base was probably a 5/6 here and my highlights are a good 7/8. (I keep saying levels but I am not an expert, this is just an amateurs' estimate).



This is how it looked indoors. The hair dresser used a highlighting cap and with it, its pretty hard to get all the hairs with it but this was the first attempt and as you can see my tips are a lot brighter. That's just how highlights work, I will explain more in another post.


I was in the Philippines at this point and I was pretty much in the sun a lot. My hair got sun bleached and started to turn reddish.



After that I decided to do my own hair from then on. I used a highlighting cap and used a level 8 ash blonde dye to town it and this was the result. I really loved my hair at the time. Just the perfect dirty blonde.



I just then kept redoing the roots and toning it with various dyes. Ranging from level 8-10 and this is pretty much how my hair looked. Still pretty healthy but it was starting to really show the damage. My fringe started to break off slowly!


I then had a bad haircut which left me looking like Miley Cyrus so I just had to bleach the sides and dye it a level 6 while maintaining a level 8 on the top. All of which were ash tones. 


Finally I returned to the realm of the platinum blondes! My hair has been pretty much this colour for a while now. I do dye my hair dark shades of blond every now and then but I pretty much will be a blonde for the foreseeable future :D



So yeah that is my hair journey. I usually use level 8 neutrals to level 10 neutrals. Occasionally I will use others and sometimes my hair is brassy as hell but I find it fun experimenting in different colours :) Hope this helped you guys in some way in deciding whether or not blonde is for you.

If you've missed part one click here

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top