MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Product Review: Fudge Clean Blonde Violet Toning Shampoo

There are many blonde shampoos out in the market and this is one of my favourites. The best thing is, it is available at the drugstore. This shampoo is a full standard size bottle and it costs roughly AUD 20, depending where you get it. I usually get mine at priceline because they often have sales with their shampoos. They also come in 1L bottles at proper hair supply shops, I would get those but because I like to try new things out and review them I will go with the smaller ones LOL.

Packaging

When I first encountered this product it was still in the old packaging.



And now when you go buy it from the shops it comes in this packaging.


Honestly I prefer the old packaging. The new one just seems over the top in terms of design but that is really irrelevant. 

The product

This purple shampoo is aimed at people with blonde or white hairy that experience problems with brassiness. Brassiness can be caused by a number of things. What brassiness is, is a yellow ting to the hair. In colour theory, purple cancels out yellow therefore leaving the hair a neutral or depending on how long you leave it in the hair and how porous your hair is, it may leave you hair white-to-silver-to-purple.


The shampoo itself is very pigmented, very purple. It is on the same level as the L'oreal professional purple shampoos. It will literally stain your hands! In the photo above, I am using it diluted with conditioner to tone my hair and it is still the same colour. If you have yellow in your hair it will definitely tone it down and make it more of a neutral or ashy blonde. This of course depends on how yellow your hair is and if there is any orange tones still in your hair. When I use this as a shampoo to tone my hair, I personally apply a plain shampoo first and before I rinse it off I will apply the purple shampoo. As my hair is pretty porous, especially at the ends, it tends to absorb more of the pigment as compared to the roots. By applying a different shampoo on first, it kind of fills in the pores of the ends and helps to give a more even absorption of pigment in the hair.

As it is a shampoo it will clean your hair. Most coloured shampoos seem not to bubble up and clean your hair in one shampooing. In my experience, I have to shampoo my hair twice with this to clean my hair. Depending on how dry and damaged my hair is at the time, this shampoo can leave your hair quite dry so make sure to follow it up with a rich and moisturising conditioner.

What do I think of it?

I really like this shampoo when I have a bad brassy issue going on but I feel that sometimes this shampoo just works too well and I end up getting ashier than what I intended to be. You really need to be mindful of what you use it and how long you use it. I personally prefer the more natural or neutral kind of blonde. I will go ash every now and then when I feel like it but I don't do it as much as I use to.

I would highly recommend this to people who love to keep their hair nice and ashy. Anywhere from white blonde to silver blonde people, this is the shampoo for you. I even recommend this to people that do prefer a more natural blonde look. Just use it wisely and dilute it because it will be a good bargain considering how pigmented it is and how a little goes a long way.



*If you guys want to see me using this shampoo to tone freshly bleach roots check this video out.



*If you guys want a really quick video review and demo of the shampoo, watch the video below.



*If you guys want a talking review on the shampoo check out the video below.



0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top