MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Product Review: Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque

This product has been raved about by so many YouTubers over the years. I do not know why it took me this long to give it a try and I must say I have fallen in love it it.  This product is available at most hair supply shops here in Australia. I personally get mine from Hair 2 Go in Melbourne CBD.

Just some background information on my hair, my natural colour is very dark almost black. I have been dyeing my hair since I was 15 and in the last few years I have been bleaching it too. As you can imagine, my hair is dry and damage and sometimes breaking off in some places. This product is definitely something I need! I have been using this product for almost 2 months and I feel that it has made a big enough difference for me to review and share with you guys.

Claims


(Screenshot from the Macadamia Site itself taken on 19th January 2015 Click Here for link)



So it has the claims you would expect from a reconstructor, something more nourishing than a conditioner. I definitely feel that my hair is more alive whenever I use this in my weekly or bi-weekly deep conditioning. My hair feels softer, stronger and less likely to break off when I run my fingers through it. 

In terms of it having full of movement, bounce and no weigh down I definitely agree with it again. I feel that my hair looks and moves like healthy hair should. One of my biggest problems with deep conditioning products is that they can be quite heavy on the hair and cause you to have flat hair. Some people may like this but I do not. I find that I still have volume in my hair after using this product. 

Also just a side note, when I bought this the hair dresser told me that this product both has both protein and moisturising properties which is ideal in hair repair. I will a separate blog post on this topic soon. 

How I use it

As you can see in the image above they recommend that you leave it in the hair for 7-10 minutes but I do not do that. I tend to wash my hair with whatever shampoo I am using at the time and then towel dry my hair and slap this on for a good 30-40 minutes, sometimes I will use a shower cap to trap in more heat but most of the time I just leave it as is. Then I rinse with cool or cold water, I like to do this so that it helps keep the nourishing aspects of the product in the hair. After that I continue with my styling routine. 

What do I think about it?

I think this is a great product and I highly recommend it to those of you in search of a hair masque that can bring back life to your hair. As this is a professional grade product the price might be an issue but it is definitely worth the investment and you will definitely feel a difference in your hair. 


If you find this all too long and you can't be bothered to read, have no fear I have a video review on the product as well :)

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top