MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Product Review: L'oreal Lumimagique Pure LIght Primer

I do love L'oreal Paris' makeup range. They are one the best you can get in the drugstore these days. This primer is one of the best dewy primers I have seen out there, actually probably the only one that claims to be a primer and to give you a light infused finish.

Packaging

(Image from the L'oreal Paris' website)



This is how the product looks like. It is a slim tube with a pump which is great for hygiene purposes and you can control how much product you dispense. The pump itself is really really good because you can control how much you get out of the tube. Most pumps in cosmetic products you can get in the drugstore tend to just dispense a "one size" amount which often times is too much. With this pump you can just pump out the tinniest amount.

The Product

The product itself is white and appears to have a silvery sheen. It does have a smell, it is a bit sweet but definitely not cosmetic or chemically.


Once you have blended the product you will notice that the primer is quite silver and you will notice the light infused effect. It does look quite scary at first especially for someone with a tanned complexion, at first I was worried that it might leave a white cast on the skin. However this is not that case, once you have applied foundation on top of this it will not be as noticeable.

How does it look?



I have used this primer with various primers and I can give a proper review on it. I find that my foundation always glides on smoothly and it definitely makes my skin look quite healthy. It gives of a dewy finish without looking oily. I do have some pores that are rather large for my liking and I don't think it fills in the pores enough to give a pore-less look.

How does it wear throughout the day?

*Just a bit of background on my skin. I have normal skin and I do have an oily T-zone, especially around the nose. I use the cetaphil moisturiser and the Neutrogena dry sheen sun screen.

In my opinion, the primer does help my makeup last for at least 8 hours. Even after 10 hours I find that my makeup still looks decent but definitely not flash photography worthy. In terms of oil control, it has decent oil control. I do find my T-zone getting oily around the 4th or 5th hour but I am not fussed about it. Most of the time I get oily there and this primer never promised amazing oil control.

What do I think about it?

As you probably could tell from the intro, I absolutely love it. I almost always reach for it for it when I do my makeup and I can definitely see how much it makes a difference with my makeup. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good base that helps give you a dewy finish.


Check out the video review of it too :)


0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top