MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Product Review: Benefit's POREfessional License to Blot

The Product... What is it?



The product is essentially a mattifying stick from Benefit. I got mine a few weeks before its release here in Australia from a blogger's event. The design best looks like a triangular lipstick. The packaging of course is cute, as with most of benefit's products. This product promises to mattify your skin for about 6 hours without disturbing your makeup. I have done a first impressions review about it. I will leave it at the end of the video.


What do I think?

As you have noticed, this entry is quite short and that is because there isn't much to say about it. I am not a big fan of the product. There are more negatives than positives. One positive is that it does mattify the skin for a few hours and the other is that it is convenient. That is about it with the positives.

Now for the negatives. I have used this product in conjunction with various foundations, powders and finishing sprays that I own. The results are always the same, my skin looks mattified but it smudges my makeup in the process. I have an oily t-zone and certain foundations make it worse, I also love doing a bright under-eye highlight. Every time I try to blot around that area, it removes my under-eye highlight or smudges it. As you can imagine it annoys the hell out of me. Another thing that you have to use quite a lot of the product to achieve a nice matte finish. Lastly, being as it is a Benefit product it will be expensive.

If you guys have tried it out and you guys like it, please let a comment down below. I might not be using it right or something. 

2 Comments

  1. No need to be a genius to understand even before buying a product that if you apply it on the face and the foundation or concealer is easy that if you take away a bit, is not a spray product but a stick product.
    Maybe you are looking for a magic wand but she does not exist....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I based my opinion on their claims. If they claimed that it would not smudge my makeup I would expect it not to. I did not state that I hoped it wouldn't smudge it.

      Delete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top