MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Hair Care Routine 2015

I've recently made a video on my current hair care routine. I have made a few changes in the routine, swapped out products and I must say the change has done a lot of good for my hair. In my video I only spoke briefly of each product and thought I would go more into a little more detail about the products in this blogpost.

 Goldwell Dual Sense Repair Shampoo & Conditioner - Before making the switch I use to use these two and they did a good ob at keeping my hair attached to my scalp. The formula is pretty rich as the name implies but it does not weight down my hair. I feel this has more protein than a good mix of protein and moisture. I find that you have to use a bit more of the shampoo to get a cleaner feel in the hair. My hair feels somewhat softer and after using them after a few months, my hair definitely felt stronger but the effects weren't apparent in the first few washes.

 Bhave rescue intense repair Shampoo & Conditioner - These are my new loves, I got them at a blogger's event and didn't really think much about them but then I was running out of the products mentioned above and thought I might as well give them a try. It was a great idea, I must say! My hair instantly felt soft and conditioned. This has a more balanced combination of protein and moisturisers. I believe this contains argan oil and I believe that is what makes my hair feel super soft, it can weigh down my hair if I leave the conditioner on for more than 5 minutes.
 Creighton KPro Keratin Pro Shampoo - This is an amazing drugstore find! It is a protein shampoo and from what I can tell it does not contain any silicons in it. Therefore, it helps rebuild the hair without those nasty fillers that do make your hair feel soft but do not really repair. It is quite heavily fragranced and it tends to linger in the hair despite using an equally heavy scented conditioner. I personally do not like the smell but for the benefits it gives my hair, I am willing to give it a shot.
 Macadamia Deep Repair Masque - This has got to be one of the best find of last year for me. It is an intense repair masque that has a good balance of protein and moisture. It does not weigh my hair down and you do not need to use a large amount to get all your hairs covered. I usually leave this in my hair for 5 minutes or more and it leaves my hair feeling strong and soft. I love this product for after colouring and bleaching.
 Joico Moisture Recovery conditioner - This is my favourite moisturising conditioner. It has a nice fresh seaweed kind of smell. As far as I am aware of it has a combination of moisturiser and protein. More so on the moisturisers. The formula is light and you do not need a large amount to cover all your hairs. Despite it being a moisturising conditioner it does not weigh down my hair.
 De Lorenzo Novafusion Beige Blonde - This is a colouring toning shampoo. This is aimed towards dark to medium blondes such as level 7-8 blondes. Whenever I have a darker shade of blonde in, I tend to use this and it tones my hair a nice rich beige blonde. I prefer to use this over a purple shampoo as a purple shampoo just makes dark blonde hair look muddy and dull.
 TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray - This is a spray that I use on damp hair before using a blow dryer on it. This is not my preferred protection spray but I need to use it up before I buy a new one. I find that if I use too much of this my hair feels weighed down and gummy.
BC Bonacure Oil Miracle - This is a hair oil. It can be used on damp hair and it serves as a heat protectant. I find that if I use this on damp hair I have to use a lot of it and it ends up weighing my hair down. I tend to use this an after shine product. I just use two drops and concentrate it on the tips of my hair.

Hope you guys found this blog entry useful. If you have any further questions feel free to leave a comment down below :)


2 Comments

  1. Making sure your hair is kept moisturized is the most valuable hair care practice one should keep as a routine. The shortest time under the sun can bring damage to your hair, which can be extremely hard to recover from. I'm super glad to know that you're using a reliable moisturizing conditioner. No wonder your hair is so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing that, Ken! Stay fab! :)

    Robyn Wagner @ Alternatives Salon Inc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D Nothing beats quality hair products

      Delete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top