MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Product Review: NYX Matte Bronzer in Deep Tan


Matte Bronzers have been the all the rave in recent years, with the popularity of contour and highlighting. Many people are trying to find their HG bronzer/contour powder that will give them incredible cheek bones like Kim K. This is one of my go to bronzers for a bronzy contour during the summer months, when I am usually tanner.




I picked up the bronzer in shade 05 - Deep tan, it is a warm/golden toned bronzer. The other colours are either golden or pink toned bronzers. I believe this is the last colour in the range. I picked mine up from Target AU. When I bought mine last year, it was just $20. This compact has 9.5g.

Packaging


The bronzer comes in a compact that has a mirror which is a so convenient. When you first buy it, it comes with a plastic cover that covers the mirror. I kept it on for a while but it just got dirty from the bronzer so I just had to remove it. It does not come with a brush or puff which I do not mind as I prefer to use my own brushes. The packaging is sturdy and does not feel like it would break if you dropped it.

Product


The bronzer is pretty pigmented. This is just one swatch on my wrist, this is one of the more pigmented bronzers at the drugstore which is why many people favour this as a contour powder. It does not feel chalky nor does it feel silky. It is a nice in between texture.


In the photo above, I have just blended it with my finger and you can still see it. Obviously it is now faint. I find when I use my brushes with this bronzer for contouring purposes, I just need to layer it for it to show up as defined as I want it. I am NC42-43 in MAC foundations and I favour a strong cheek contour and I need 2-3 layers to get that effect.

This bronzer is great for bronzing the skin for that nice warm golden glow. I would suggest this for people have a golden or olive undertone. I feel like this would make people with cooler skintones look orange.

Overall

This is a great bronzer. I love how versatile it is. You can use it for bronzing, contour and eyeshadow.

Because of the colour choices, I have to use this shade and unfortunately this shade only works with me when I am darker. Sure there are lighter shades in the range but they either just look light gold or odd on my skin.

This bronzer is an affordable choice for those that are looking for versatile product. Like I've mentioned I use this to bronze my skin, contour and of course for eyeshadow.


I have made a video review for it


0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top