MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Product Review: TheBalm's Mary-Lou-Manizer



High cheek bones, dewy skin and the highlighting and contouring craze has been all the rave in recent years. TheBalm has been dominating this area of beauty for a while now with one of their best selling highlighters. For less than AUD 30 this product is amazing!





TheBalm’s May-Lou-Manizer has got to be one of the best highlighters that I have ever used. This product has also been raved a lot on YouTube for its quality and I can definitely see why. Due to the success of this highlighter TheBalm has released two other shades as far as I am aware.

Packaging



The highlighter comes in a travel compact form, which is convenient for on the go (though why on earth you would want to that but whatever I won’t judge you) and saves on space. It holds 8.5g of product and has a decent size mirror. I find myself reaching for this one when I cannot find my bigger mirror to do my face.

Product



The phrase “a little goes a long way” certainly applies to this product. This is one light swipe of my finger and gosh it is pigmented for a highlighter. When I first swatched it at Myer’s two years ago I was amazed at how much pigmentation it had and to be honest I was kind of put off by it. I was afraid that it would be too much and too obvious. I wanted a subtle yet amazing shine.



In the above photo, I have blended it with my finger. As you can see there is still a lot of shine but it is not as opaque anymore. I sometimes apply the highlighter using my fingers and it works well but I prefer using a narrow powder brush or an eye shadow brush to apply it and it give the same effect. It looks beautiful on the skin. The highlighter is shimmer and not glitter, which makes it blend seamlessly on to the skin. It does not highlight any of my pores, which is another plus. I find with or without a primer it will last on the skin for a good 8 hours. Even after the 8 hour mark, you can still see some of that beautiful shine.

Overall

I think this is an excellent highlighter. For years I have been using a limited edition highlighter from MAC thinking it was the best because it is MAC and sometimes I would use a sheer eye shadow but they do not compare to this highlighter by TheBalm. Sure it is not cheap but the quality of the shine and lasting power is just incredible. I personally got mine from Asos because it is cheaper there. I highly recommend this highlighter!   

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top