MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

My YouTube Filming Equipment


I have been on YouTube since late 2010 and I have been swapping out my tech every now and then to improve the equality of my videos. This post will include cameras that I have used. Editing software and other bits and bobs will be in another post. 
Filming


In the beginning


(MacBook Pro 15" late 2009 edition)

My very first video was filmed using my MacBook Pro. I believe this edition of the laptop only had less than a mega pixel or a mega pixel which was pretty clear back in the day. A lot of YouTubers filmed their videos using their MacBooks and I was pretty happy with the quality of it.

Panasonic HDC-SD10


After using the MacBook I realised that I needed a better quality camera for my videos. At the time, this camcorder was one of the latest HD cameras out there. I honestly did not know how to utilise all of its setting in the beginning. I used this camera until January 2015. It has great zooming capabilities and I was almost always in frame. I did not like the anti-shaking feature in the camera, despite it being turned on, while vlogging I found the image quality to still be bad.

Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W120


In addition to the camcorder, I used this digicam as well. At the time it was an older model but the image quality was pretty good. I used it for photos on the blog and photos for the videos. It is small and recorded video as well. I used it to film my videos when I first moved to Australia as the camcorder was originally my parents'. For photos it was really good, for videos it was a step up from the MacBook Pro's camera. The audio was pretty bad.

iPhone 4S


 I loved my iPhone 4s! I occasionally used it for vlogging but primarily used it for my instagram posts and photos that I would use in my videos. The front camera is a VGA type which means it is very low resolution. This however did not stop me from taking selfies with it, the white balance and everything about apple's cameras are so close to life which is my why I love iPhones. I used the back camera which has an 8 megapixel camera for vlogging, photos for video and some instagram photos.

Sony SteadyShot DSC-W730



This camera has got sentimental value to it as it was the first camera I bought using my YouTube earnings. I thought it was time to replace my digicam with something better. Don't get me wrong the older camera still produced amazing quality photos but as we all know technology changes pretty quickly. I chose to stick with Sony as I really liked the colour and white balance they have. In my opinion very realistic. This camera also shots at 720p which is HD, perfect for vlogging! I didn't realise I bought a HD camera when I bought it, it was only after a while of fiddling with the settings that I realised this was the case. Video and Picture quality is amazing, again the audio could use some improvements.

iPhone 5s


Then I swapped my iPhone 4s for this beauty. I loved my iPhone 5s, I used it to vlog occasionally and of course photos for videos and instagram. The front camera was my best friend and always got my good side.

iPhone 6


Naturally I got an iPhone 6 too. I made sure I got a 64GB one and the video quality is superb. I use this for vlogging because the quality is excellent. Majority of my recent vlogs were taken using this. As far as I am aware they did not upgrade the megapixels on the camera, just improved it.

Canon 600D


This camera makes me feel so professional. As many of you are aware, this camera is the camera of choice for most YouTubers wanting a professional look to their videos. I use the kit lens as I like to be able to zoom in and out. This camera requires a bit of research and study being a professional camera, there are a lot of settings you need to fiddle around with if you want everything is perfect. Obvious there is an automatic setting for the video but that is really noisy. 


0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top