MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Swatch/ Review: Savvy Ultra Matte Lip Colours



Liquid lipsticks that have a matte finish have been the "it" thing at the drugstores lately. Savvy despite being an affordable brand has managed to produce lip products that can rival their high-end competitors. In this post I will show you guys swatches and a review of each of the colours.

Swatches


Here are all the shades swatched on my forearm. I only did 1 swipe for each and let it dry for roughly a minute before I took this photo. I must say I do love it when brands come up with cute names for their shades instead of just having a number system.

Lights, Camera


This has got to be the most popular shade from the line. It took me at least 2 weeks of searching various Pricelines in Melbourne to find it. It is a lovely warm toned nude, definitely cashing in on the Kylie Jenner lip colour. It has similar tones to Velvet teddy in the sense that it is a warm toned medium brown nude. 

Hollywood Baby


As you can probably tell from my face, I was not too happy when I first swatched this shade. I am in love with the colour just not with the way it applied. During the application of the first layer, I saw it applied patchy. I then waited a minute or two for it to dry before applying another layer. It did not affect the first layer but it still was patchy/uneven up close. From this distance, it appears that the shade is providing full coverage of my natural lip colour but it still looked patchy/uneven to me.

Rodeo Drive


This is their hot pink shade. It is a warm toned pink. The pigmentation is incredible. Most hot pink shades look a lot darker on my lips but this product has managed to maintain its vibrancy while providing optimum coverage of my natural lip colour.

Miss Monroe


What is a lipstick line without an iconic red? Miss Monroe definitely reminds me of the shade of red pin up girls and Marilyn Monroe wold wear. This is a neutral red but I honestly feel it leans a little bit more on the warm side of neutrality, if that makes sense. I absolutely love this shade, I feel like this shade would work on most people. Despite it being so vibrant and pigmented, it does not stain the lips which can be a good or bad thing depending on your preference.

Icon


This is a lovely purple shade that tends to look slightly more pink in certain lighting. As it is a purple, it is more cool toned and has the potential to make your teeth look yellow. I think it is a great purple shade for those looking into wearing purples but are too afraid that it might not suit them.

Review

I honestly love these lippies! For $7.99 at Priceline they are an absolute steal! The packaging does not look or feel cheap, plus the product is very pigmented! 

They have amazing lasting power, I have worn some of the shades for a good 6 hours with minimal fading. The finish is matte and can look very dry on the lips if you do not apply a balm underneath. I highly recommend exfoliating your lips and applying lip balm prior to applying any of the shades.


The product is buildable. In the photo above, I am wearing Icon and Rodeo Drive. I applied Icon first and let it dry for a minute or two and then applied Rodeo Drive in the centre part of my lips to give an ombre effect. During the application of the second layer, I did not notice any smudging or movement from the first layer. 

Overall I highly recommend these lippies! Maybe not Hollywood Baby if you have darker lips as it does not apply evenly in my opinion. Definitely a bargain at the drugstore!

If you prefer reviews in video format make sure to head over to the channel for the video

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top