MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Product Review: Inika Pure Primer


Love organic makeup? Inika provides those that love Organic makeup an alternative. The website states that it can be used an alternative to moisturiser and is great with oily skin.
Packaging

The product comes in a box which I have since thrown away but it had mostly the same information as the bottle. The bottle is made of a hard matte black plastic. It definitely does not feel cheap. The pump on the bottle is great, you can control how much product you want to dispense. The bottle holds 30ml.
The Product

The primer comes out as a white lotion. It has a milk cleanser + lavender oil + green tea scent which dissipates after a few minutes of being applied to the skin. The product blends easily onto the skin with or without a moisturiser applied.

My Experience

I found that this product to be a decent product. I do not particularly like it nor do I particularly hate it, just in between. That being that I do think this primer would work with certain needs. I found that this is more of an everyday primer.

The application process is pretty easy, you do not need much to cover your face. Foundation and concealer apply well on the skin but I do not feel that the primer aides in the application, it just feels like it is not there. This can be a good or bad thing depending if you prefer that silicone feel.

As for oil control, I do think that it does a decent job at keeping the oils at bay. I have used this foundation in various weather conditions and temperatures. I feel that in the heat it would keep the oil at bay at around the 4th to 5th hour which is pretty good considering this primer is not designed for extremely oily skin. As for cooler to colder temperatures, it holds the oils at bay for a good 6 hours or so.

As for the lasting power, my makeup does last around the same time as the oil control in the heat. The same goes for cooler or colder temperatures. So if you are planning to use this while you workout, you might want to double think that. 

Overall I think I would recommend this to people that are looking for an organic alternativ to their makeup selection. I personally think this is a good everyday primer for the workplace, that being in a control temperature environment like the office. I do not see this primer holding up for a night out or through strenuous activity.

If you guys are interested in trying the product out, it is available at http://www.inika.com.au/


If you guys prefer a video review on the product, I did a first impressions review on the channel



*product was sent to me as a gift for participating in a blogger's event

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top