MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

My Experience with Priceline Bleach


Priceline offers a huge range of hair products but so far they only offer Hi-Lift bleach and Innovative Peroxides. I have tried out different bleach brands that are usually exclusive to salons, so does this compare to them? This blog post is about my experience with using the combination of these products to obtain my desired hair colour. 



Hi- Lift Blue Blonde Highligher Powder Bleach


Priceline sells sachet of the bleach to 150g (in the above photo) and larger tubes of 500g. They come in blue and white versions. For those desiring to go blonde, blue has always been suggested by many hair professionals as it counteracts the yellow and orange tones that hair goes through when lifting to a suitable colour to obtain a blonde colour. I have been using this bleach on and off for about 3 years now and it has done a very good job. I would not say it is the gentlest but it is definitely one I would suggest to those on a budget. The blue definitely makes a difference, I have used the white version to lighten my hair and I would often find that my hair is always still very very yellow. This then leads me to bleach the hair an extra time which obviously is not ideal when it comes to maintaining the health of the hair. This bleach can be used on and off scalp but it does not recommend using 40Vol on the scalp, if you do wish to use 40vol probably opt for foils or a highlighting cap if you need to get really close to the scalp.

When mixed in with peroxides, it can form a paste or a liquid depending on your preferred ratio. I follow the general mixture when it comes to bleach. 1 part bleach to 2 parts peroxide. I always mix it with materials made of plastic. Apparently anything metal will cause the mixture to lose its effectiveness (I have no idea but I've watched youtubers that professional hairdressers say it). I find this mixture gives me a nice paste to work with. I usually do my hair by myself and when it comes to doing the roots at the back it would be a pain if the product were a liquid as it would just slide. But as a paste it stays put and bleaches individual hair evenly, provided it is coated sufficiently. 

Price-wise this is definitely an affordable bleach. I would suggest to get the a sachet to try it out first if you have sort hair or will just be working on a small section of hair. I believe there is only 50g of product it in, I find most Pricelines only have the white bleach in the sachets. If you have longer and/or thicker hair get the 150g tube or 2.

Innovative Peroxides


Priceline oddly enough sells a different brand of peroxide, not Hi-Lift which can be purchased at Chemist Warehouse. Anyhow it does not seem to affect the bleaching process. This brand of peroxide works well with hi-lift as it is not brand specific. They have different variants 1.5%, 10Vol, 20Vol, 30Vol & 40Vol which should cater to most people's needs. These peroxides come out white and mix well with most bleaches out in the market. Priceline offers 2 sizes of bleach 200ml and 1L bottles I believe. They are fairly inexpensive and Priceline often has sales with their peroxides, unfortunately I have yet to see them sell them with the bleach as a promo pack. Many peroxides have a strong chemical scent but this brand is not too bad. It still smells chemically but nothing too strong, I still suggest to open a window or be in a well ventilated room when mixing and using this product with bleach or hair dye.

Overall

I think Priceline is doing well by offering these products to their customers. The are fairly priced in my opinion for brands that you can get at essential drugstores. I have tried out other, professional grade, brands and I must say Hi-lift definitely is of great quality. Other brands that I have tried have not been able to lift my hair as light as Hi-lift has been able to and I have tried others that have surpassed the results I can get with Hi-Lift. I would say it is a good in between if compare to professional grade products but definitely high up the scale when compared to other drugstore bleaches. As for the peroxides I think they are just generic peroxides that do not offer anything more than the basic. I would prefer to use other brands that offer less damage or better lift or faster lift or anything really. I would say it is just convenient that they have it in store next to the bleach because you just need it. 

Disclaimer! I am not a professional hairdresser or colourist. The information I am sharing in this post is simply my experience with the products. If you are considering to try out these products, use them at your own discretion. I would suggest to have your hair done by a professional if you are not confident. I do not take any blame for any hair disasters that might occur.

1 Comments

  1. U suggest using foils I've seen this done using foil so I am just wondering if it's says no metallic bowls or spoons cos of it changes the chemical compound wouldn't foil cause a reaction too?

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top