MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Product Review: Maybelline Clean Express Miracle Oil

 Another it thing to hit the markets in recent years are cleansing oils. Long gone are the days that people just relied on facial wash to remove their makeup. Maybelline offers an alternative but it is any good?


Maybelline is known to only recently certain products from their line in certain countries. This product unfortunately is not available at the drugstore here in Australia. I am not aware if it will be available in the future but this product is available online.

Packaging

It comes in a clear yellow bottle and contains 120ml. I like the packaging, it does not feel cheap and the design just draws you in to have a look at it. The pump on the bottle does not have a cap instead it has a locking mechanism. So you basically twist to one side to unlock and the other way to lock. I am not a big fan of this type of system as there is a higher chance of it spilling. In terms of dispensing capability, it has good control and you can dispense as little product as you need.

The Product 

As you would expect with any oil, it is runny but this product is runnier compared to most facial/body oils I have tried. It does not have a scent, therefore less chance of it irritating your skin/eyes/nostrils. Being that it is an oil it spreads on the skin easily and regardless of how much makeup you have it, it does not affect the spreadability of the oil. It does get into the eyes so contact lens wears be warned!

Application

The use of this product is fairly simple. You just pump some into your hands and massage onto your face. I suggest to start with the eyes, if you wear a lot of eye makeup. I have tried it with waterproof eyeliner and it works pretty well with it. 

One you have broken down majority of the makeup, it is instructed to rinse with warm water. Being that it is an oil, it makes sense that you would use warm water to ensure that majority of the oil is rinsed off the skin. Then you pat dry the skin. I find that there is a very light layer of oil on the skin which I find quite hydrating. It does not feel like Bio-Oil and it does not look greasy on the skin.

Overall Experience

I think it is a good product for those looking for a cleanser that will help breakdown heavy makeup. I do not recommend this product as your primary makeup cleanser. I have used this cleanser a couple of times and I have noticed that there is almost always residual makeup on the tissue that I use to dry my skin. I have also used a makeup wipe to go over my skin after using the cleanser and I still find residual makeup. Though the residual makeup is very minimal, it is not good for the skin to still have makeup.

This of course is based on my experience and I acknowledge that other people may find this product really effect on their skin. Please feel free to share your thoughts an opinions if you have tried this product out before :)

The only online place I can find this is at http://tinyurl.com/npqy65o

If you guys prefer a video review and demonstration on the product please click on the video below


0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top