MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Product Review: Decolour Remover


Being the indecisive blonde that I am I have gone ahead and returned to the realm of the blondes. We all know that bleach is the most common used product to strip hair of hair colour. However, we also know that it is very damaging on the hair as well. So does this product live up to my expectations?

I previously had platinum blonde hair and decided to go dark for the winter. I only managed to keep it in my hair for probably 2 months. If you want to see my blonde hair journey click here. If you want to see how I got my hair darker click here.

Claims

As with any hair colour remover, it promises to remove dye pigments in the hair without the damage that you would get from bleach. It also promises to leave your natural hair colour alone. It states that it uses a different kind of chemical reaction to remove the pigments. Most hair colour removers shrink dye molecules whereas this product shatters them. I have no idea if this makes a difference for the hair integrity or efficiency in removing the dye.

Contents


Much like any hair treatment/dye that comes in a box, there is the actual product the removes the colour, the activator and an after care type product. I must say when mixing part 1 & 2, it STINKS! It smells like rotten eggs, chlorine and the smell of perm. Not exactly a winning combination in the smell department. I suggest to open a window or be in a well ventilated room. 

Part 3 on the other hand is lovely. Your hair will tend to feel dry after any hair colour type procedure but this made my hair really soft to the touch and surprisingly controlled the frizz. It is basically designed to restore the pH level of the hair and help seal the cuticle back. 



You are also provided with a pair of gloves and an instruction sheet. If you have never done a colour stripper before I highly recommend reading it because the instructions are very specific on how to use the products and when to rinse. 

Additional Items needed


 A chelating shampoo is needed. Now this a type of clarifying shampoo, what this does is helps remove product buildup in the hair. For example silicones used to fill out and smoothen the hair follicle, waxes, gels and other products used in the hair. I assume it is that the product does not have to remove those in addition to the dye molecules. You will need is a shower cap or a plastic bag. A hair dryer is also needed. 

My Experience


This is what the product had to work with. The ends of my hair were really bleached from previous bleach jobs. The darker colour I applied on them faded really quick. My natural colour is starting to peak through and some of the brown is showing too. 


This is the result after I used the product. It did not bring my hair back to platinum blonde. If I had used one more box, it might have lighten my hair a bit more but overall I was satisfied with the initial result. However, after taking this shot I decided to bleach my roots. During the time my roots were processing, I noticed the ends of mu hair began to darken slowly. By the time I finished with my roots, the ends looked significantly darker. As I was not happy with the overall result I ended up bleaching every again to even it all out. 

Overall

I think this product was a fail for me. It did remove majority of the pigment gently but it darkened on me. I ended up bleaching the ends which I was hoping to avoid. I probably would suggest this to someone who is looking at just removing a toner from their hair but definitely not to remove darker colour from really light hair.

Prefer videos?




0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top