MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

My Go To Brushes



Despite having a number of brushes in my collection, I always find myself always reaching for these brushes. I use a combination of high-end and drug store brushes. I honestly feel like I would not be able to do my makeup properly without these brushes.


Powder Brush


This is probably one of my first brush purchase. This is the powder brush by Palladio. I bought this at the Beauty Bar in Manila, Philippines. I remember it being a fairly priced brush. I would place it in the drugstore category. I like using this brush to apply a light layer of powder to set my makeup. This is my ideal brush to lightly blend my cheek products. I have had this brush since 2009 or 2010 and it has not shed that much since I got it. 

MAC 187


This is probably the brush that got me addicted with trying out brushes. This is the MAC 187 duo stippling brush. It is made of animal hair and synthetic hairs. My brush is dirty in the photo but the synthetic part is usually white. This brush is ideal for a light finish with liquid foundations and applying a light layer of either cream or powder products. I use to use this for applying liquid foundation to achieve an air brushed finish by using the stipple and swirl method.

The Real Techniques Buffing Brush


This brush is part of the core collection. As the name implies it is mainly used as a buffing brush but as with any brush, you can use it for other purposes as well. I do not like this for buffing in products because of its shape and it is quite flimsy. I tend to use this to pack on powder onto my face when I set my foundation. I have used this to apply liquid and cream foundations as well but I do not prefer this method. 

The Real Techniques Expert Face Brush


This brush is one you can get individually from most retailers. This is my ideal brush to apply foundation.  I love the shape and its density. I find it buffs in foundation wonderfully. I do not know how I did my medium-full coverage looks without it. 

The Real Techniques Point Foundation Brush


This brush is part of the core collection. This foundation brush is tiny compare to many foundation brushes out in the market. When I first out this, I used it for concealer application because it was so small. I use this more to apply contour application. When used on its side it applies the thinnest line, I love using it to apply my initial contour colour on the cheeks.

The Real Techniques Contour Brush


This is brush is my favourite brush from the core collection! This the reason why I purchased it. Applying contour and blending it with this brush is an absolute dream. It's shape is ideal to blend out creams, liquids and powders. I have used it to apply foundations as well and it is great for applying to those hard to reach places like the sides of the nose and underneath the eyes.

Cosmetics Direct Angled Liner Brush


This brush can be bought in a set or on its own. It is a synthetic brush. I mainly use this to apply eyeshadow on my brows. It is quite sturdy, I have used this in applying gel liner and because it is so thin, you can create the thinnest line. 

MAC 213 Special Edition brush


This has got to be my favourite eyeshadow brush. I am not sure how this special edition one compares to the normal 213 brush by MAC but I rely on this brush more than any other eyeshadow brush in my collection.  I use this to lay down the lid colour, transition and crease colour. Sometimes I even use it to blend, I do this by using the brush at different angles. 

Coastal Scents Narrow Blending Brush


I initially bought this brush because it is quite small and would work perfectly for my smaller lids. It works great as a blending brush but in recent years I have begun using this as a brush to apply and blend my nose contour. I have had this brush since 2009 and gosh it is still doing very well! 

Furless Blending Brush


This is more of a traditional blending brush, it does not have a very tapered end. It is quite sturdy and I love using this to blend my crease colour if I want it to be blended in only a small area.

Honestly I would not be able to to do my makeup properly without these brushes. I think that it is important to invest in brushes if you are serious about makeup. 

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top