MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Pore Concealing Primers


Large pores are a common problem faced by many men and some women. Many things contribute to the this and many companies have products that claim to hide them. In this post I will be discussing 3 pore concealing products that I have tried.


Maybelline


This was probably one of the first drugstore primers that claims to be a "instant pore eraser". It is a clear gel type primer that is easy to blend into the skin and does not leave a white cast on the skin. It does not have a fragrance. It claims that it can be worn alone or underneath makeup and it will "eraser" your pores.

In my experience, I did not see any difference in my pores when I wore it alone. I think it is due to the fact that it is clear. It does however deliver when wearing foundation. After a standard 8 hour day of wearing the primer with makeup, pores are still not visible and provide decent makeup lasting power. It does a decent job at oil control as well. 

Innoxa


This is another drugstore option, more readily available here in Australia. The website claims it has a "natural" colour to the cream that has light reflecting properties but to me it looked more orange to me and with my tanned complexion it looked a bit too light and dulled out my skin tone. It does not have a fragrance in it. This primer does not state it can be worn without makeup but if your complexion is light enough, I think you might be able to wear it alone. 

In my experience, this was a really good drugstore primer. I did mention that it dulled out my skin tone but I usually wear this underneath foundation and that is more than enough to correct this. Without makeup, my pores and fine lines are filled/covered and makes my skin look really smooth. After a standard 8 hour day, pores and fine lines are still not visible. It helps make up last a fair amount of time and oil control is mediocre. Only issue I had with this product is that it tends to ball up. This happens when I apply too much in one area and if I use a buffing brush to apply my foundation. 

Benefit


Out of these three, this is my favourite. This product claims to minimise the appearance of pores but I honestly feel it actually makes them invisible. It has a more neutral skin tone colour to it. It blends into my skin tone very well and does not leave a white cast whatsoever. 

In my experience, this product is incredibly effective. Not only does it hide my pores really well but it works really well on the fine line on my forehead. This product can be used with or without makeup on it. This is the only option out of the three that I would dare alone. After a standard 8 hour day, my pores and fine lines are nowhere to be seen. It helps with the longevity of my makeup pretty well, nothing remarkable. Same goes with the oil control. 

Overall

I like each primer for different reasons. The maybelline one is really handy if I want a primer that does not have a colour to it whatsoever. I LOVE the Benefit one as it not only hides my pores but also helps with my fine lines. I also like the Innoxa one as it's results closely matches that of Benefit's but at a more affordable price. Once I have finishes all three products, I might just repurchase the Benefit and Innoxa primers only. 

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top