MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Product Review: Tresemme Keratin Smooth 7 Day Smooth Heat Activated Treatment


 Frizzy hair has been an issue that I've been experiencing for as long as I can remember. Tresemme offers a temporary treatment to keep the frizz at bay. This product reminds of the Brazillian Keratin treatments that many salon brands offer but does this compare?
I personally have not tried salon brand Brazillian Keratin treatments. I have only read and watched reviews online about them on people with similar hair to myself. I did not have extremely high expectations for the product as many drugstore brands that promise such claims tend not to deliver.

The Promises

(Taken from Tresemme AU's website on 12/06/2015)

I also read on the box that this product promises to provide frizz control up to 3-4 washes once the product has been activated on the hair. 

How to use it

(Taken from Tresemme AU's website on 12/06/2015)

The instructions are pretty easy to follow. It may be time consuming but none the less easy to follow. It does not state what temperature setting to set your flat iron to but just use what you normally use on your hair. My flat iron unfortunately does not have a temperature setting.

My Hair & Experience

I have naturally very dark brown hair/black that is naturally wavy. I colour and bleach my hair often and this dries out and damages my hair. I normally use protein and moisturiser rich hair products on my hair to maintain the health of my hair and to minimise the frizz. However I find myself relying more on heat tools to reduce or eliminate the frizz in my hair.

I have tried the product on multiple occasions on my hair. I did not use the recommended shampoo and conditioner as I did not want to invest in them just in case this product did not deliver at all. I tried it on my hair when it was freshly bleached and toned, my hair at that stage was dry and very very frizzy. I was hoping that using this would help keep my hair straight and smooth for a while before I needed to wash it again. It managed to keep the hair smooth until my first wash. 

I then tried it on my hair again on separate occasions when my hair was much healthier. When it was smoother and stronger. Time and time again I got the same result. After 1 wash my hair would still be somewhat less frizzy with just a light blow drying. After the 2nd wash my hair would just be back to its really frizzy self and I would need to either use a ceramic brush to blow dry the ends to perfection or use a flat iron for a sleek do! Again I used my normal shampoos and conditioners in conjunction with this product and not with a clarifying shampoo or anti-dandruff shampoo. Both of which are known to strip hair of colour and other products that may have been deposited in the hair. 

Overall 

I am somewhat happy with the performance of the product. As I mentioned, I did not have high expectations for the product. I feel that this product is a let down. It does work to a certain extent so I will praise it for that but I believe that it should not be marketed to be able to control or minimise frizz for that length of time or to endure a certain amount of washes before the hair returns to its normal state. I personally would not recommend this product but I must emphasise that this is my opinion and I am no way bashing the product. I am simply sharing my experiences with the product to my readers. I will continue to use the product as it does provide me an extra few days between excess heat styling. However I do not think I will repurchase this product. If the brand ever reformulates the product I will definitely give it another shot but for now 

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top