MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Product Review: theBalm Smoke Balm Palettes


I adore theBalm and it's products. They are so cute and the retro photos on their packaging just makes you think these things will make you uber flawless. In this post I will be discussing their smoke balm trios.

theBalm Smoke Balm Palette 1


This trio is a more slate grey smokey palette. Blaze is a glittery black eyeshadow. Spark is a light matte taupe colour. Flame is a cool champagne shimmery colour.  


I swatched the shadows on my forearm using my fingers. The set on the left are with primer underneath whilst those on the right are swatched on bare skin. In each swatch, I only swiped once except for spark, I needed to reapply twice. They glide really well on the skin, with or without a primer. As for pigmentation, they appear to be more pigmented with a primer.

theBalm Smoke Balm Palette 2


This trio's combo I found quite unusual but worked well. Kindle is a very very dark glittery green colour. Glow is a matte khaki colour. Combust is a warm champagne shimmery colour. 


Swatches on the left were applied with primer underneath them. Each swatch was only swiped once. The eyeshadows did not seem to apply well with the primer. On bare skin, they applied beautifully and appeared to be more pigmented.

My Experience

I have worn the shadows in both warmer and cooler temperatures with or without primers, I find they lasted really well. I feel the primer does help with the longevity and prevents creasing for a while but nothing remarkable. These shadows by themselves work really well. They do ted to crease more in warmer weather. 

The combination of glitter, matte and shimmer is ideal for those who are looking or a no fuss eyeshadow trio. The shadows are very satiny and glide on the skin really well. Some might encounter some issues, in particular with palette 2, with regards to the eyeshadow not applying well but nothing a little blending cannot fix.

Overall

I believe that these trios are definitely worth the money. The packaging is cute, the shadows are of great quality. They work last well with or without a primer. These trios have become my go to trios for a while now for both everyday makeup and for makeup tutorials.

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top