MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Product Review: Chi Chi Real Minerals Foundation in Medium Tanned


I usually avoid using coloured powders unless its the Ben Nye Banana powders. I generally dislike the colour match and look on the skin. However Chi Chi has managed to change my mind on it. 


I got mine from Target during a cosmetic sale they had. It normally costs just under $20 but because of the sale I managed to get it for just $13 which is a great for budget conscious people like myself. I think it is reasonably priced even without the sale, for the quality of the packaging and the product itself. 

Packaging


The powder comes in the typical tub for loose powders and it has it's own box. Many people do not really care for the boxes that items come in but I do like the effort. It has the instructions on the back of the box and it just looks very chic. 




When you first open the tub there will be a clear plastic film that covers the holes for the sifter. I find that most sifter just let too much powder come out so I try my best to only remove have of that plastic film. Despite doing so, I find that the sifter lets SO MUCH powder out. 

 The Product


You get 13g of product in the tub which is a lot and I can definitely see a lot of use with this product. As far as I am aware there are only 4 shades available. I got the darkest shade and my skin is roughly a NC42 from MAC. It would say it works really well with my skin colouring when I just apply a light layer. If I build it up, it appears a bit darker on my skin but not muddy. It looks like a bronze golden look. 


The product blends really well on the skin. I would say that the coverage is light and buildable to to a light medium finish. I have used this with a normal flexible powder brush and I find that it gives me a really light coverage. If I used a flat top kabuki or just a normal kabuki brush, I can get a light-medium finish with it. I find that it sits in the pores if you do not apply primer underneath. I have used it on top of liquid and cream products and it works well. The lasting power is pretty good, at least 6 hours, as for the oil control nothing remarkable. Acts like a normal powder, I find with many mineral powders that I get really oily after a while but I do not find it with this. As for the flash back, it looks great. No flash back whatsoever. 

2 Comments

  1. Hi! How did you find the lasting power? Thinking of purchasing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lasting power is pretty good. I'd say its still pretty much intact by the 6th hour with or without a primer. But if you have oily areas, they tend to go first.

      Delete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top