MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Daiso's Detergent for Puff and Sponge



This bottle contains 80ml of product and only cost AUD 2.80 which is an absolute bargain! To be honest I was very sceptical about it when I first bought it, how effective can a product that costs AUD 2.80 be? Plus it states that it also disinfects your sponge.



As you can see from the photo, my sponges are well used. I pretty much use almost all sides of the sponges whenever I do my makeup with them. I often use a combination of liquid, cream and powder based products with the sponges. I then let them air dry after each use and often time they shrink back to their original size, locking in all that product with them.

According to the instructions it is best to apply some detergent onto the sponge when it is dry. I usually put a few drops of the detergent on the areas of the sponge that are really jam packed with makeup and then gentle rub that area. As soon as it do this, the makeup already starts to break apart!

After which I run the sponge under the tap or in a bowl of water and let it soak the water. Then I squeeze, this I believe draws the detergent in deeper into the sponge and cleans it on the inside as well. This usually removes majority of the makeup. For the more stubborn areas, I just repeat the steps. 1 sponge usually just takes me a minute to clean.


I then just leave my sponges to air dry. The detergent is fragrance free so it won’t irritate your skin the next time you decide to use your sponge. I some times use the sponges right after cleaning them and it works perfectly fine.

I am extremely happy that I have found this product again. I use to use it ages ago and forgot about it. It has now become my HG sponge and brush cleaner! It works like no other! Yes it can be used on brushes as well, it is equally as effective.

2 Comments

  1. I'm headed into the city tomorrow so I've got to remember to go into Daiso to pick one (or two) up! Great review Ken, can't wait to try it!

    X

    Anjelique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Daisos in the city don't have stock at all the last time I've checked but they might have now. The only place I've been able to find it is at their Abbotsford branch. You'll love it! :D

      Delete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top