MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Models Prefer Contour/Collection Review & Swatches


Models Prefer has finally joined the contour and highlighting game! Highlight and contouring has become so popular as of late that companies have been pushing out their own duos and palettes. How does this compare?




At first glance of the box, is very informative. There is a face chart showing how the products can be used on different face shapes. It is also in a white box, not many drugstore companies package their products in white which makes it standout at Priceline. 


The palette itself is quite shiny and at first I thought it wouldn't be a finger print magnet. However after a few uses I was proven wrong. The palette does feel heavy but I believe this is due to the mirror. When you look at the back of the palette you will see the face charts and instructions, same as the box. 

When you open the palette you are greeted by the lovely colours and the huge mirror. It is about the same size as the palette. The powders do tend to go everywhere and will get the mirror dirty. Make sure to have some tissue or something to wipe it handy if you are going to rely on the mirror.



The highlighting shades are very creamy and blend very well on the skin. In the photo above, I swatched them on my arm twice to achieve this pigmentation. 

The first colour is a pink toned matte highlighting powder. This is perfect for those with fairer skin tones as a matte light highlight.

The second colours is a yellow toned matte highlighting powder. This is perfect for those looking to get a brighter under eye area. This is perfect for those with medium skin tones. 

The third colour is a shimmery salmon/peach highlighting powder. This is perfect for adding a shimmery highlight on the high points of the face. The shimmer particles are quite fine thus giving more of a glow instead of a shine.


The contour colours are of the same formulas as the matte highlighting shades, very creamy. In the photo above, I swatched them on my arm twice to achieve this pigmentation. 

The first colour is the neutral contour shade of the palette. This is ideal for either bronzing or contouring depending on your skin tone. This I feel is the more forgiving shade and most appropriate for subtle daily contouring. 

The second colour is the cool toned contour shade. This one is slightly darker compared to the other shades in the palette. I feel that this is the shade that you would use do a more chiseled contour look. 

The third colour is the bronzer shade. This is definitely an orange toned colour. If used lightly, it can be used to bronze the skin. 



If you are unfamiliar with contouring, the palette comes with a booklet that provides easy to understand instruction on how to contour and highlight your face. It shows you where it is recommended to apply the colours. It also provides recommendations on what brushes and other products to use.

My experience

I have been using the palette for about two weeks now and I have to say this is a pretty good palette. The highlighting shades are pretty good, I really like the yellow powder in this palette as it is quite yellow compared to its drugstore counterparts. The contour shades, however are a different story. They are not very pigments and I have to really pack them on my skin to get them to show up on my skin. However, they do not appear ashy or cakey on the skin. 

Overall, I think this palette is more aimed at people with fairer skin tones. I would consider myself as having a light-medium skin tone and the contour shades did not appear very well on my skin as I had to pack them on. However, I am sold on the highlighting colours. The pink and yellow shades are really good. The shimmery colour is not too bad but if I had another shimmery highlighter on hand, I would grab that.


0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top