MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

My Tips on Minimising Pores


Since puberty hit, I have always been dealing with large pores. As a male, I am genetically prone to have larger pores which isn't a big deal for most but as a person that wears makeup, I want my skin too look amazing. In addition to that, larger pores can also mean more pimples for some. 




In this post, I will share with you guys a few tips and tricks that I have learned on how to reduce the size of the pores and covering them up. My number 1 tip for minimising the size of your pores is to use cool or cold water. Your skin's response to cold temperatures is to tighten the pores to reduce the amount of heat being loss. I usually rinse my face with cold water and this method should work for most people. The results may vary depending on the environment's temperature.


If the cold water method does not work for you, do not fear! There are products out in the market you can use to help minimise the size of your pores. This product is by Biore and this is their charcoal pore minimiser. I have been using this product for a month now and I have been using it twice a week and the results are amazing. Not only does it minimise the size of your pores after 1 use but it also helps remove dirty in the pores thus preventing pimples. 


If however you are very particular about your skin and want to look absolutely flawless you can also use primer type products to help conceal the appearance of your pores. In the photo above I have 3 products that do this very well.

The first one I recommend is the Benefit Porefessional. This is a beige toned product that you can use with or without makeup to help conceal the appearance of pores and fine lines. You only need to dot a small amount on problem areas and lasts really well on the skin even without makeup on top. 

The second product I recommend is by Innoxa and this is their Skin Perfecting Pore Vanishing Cream. This product is a drugstore alternative to Benefit. This product can be used with or without makeup to conceal pores. however if you have a medium skin tone or darker it is not recommend as it is coloured and will appear ashy on the skin. 

My third recommendation is by Maybelline and this is their Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser which has recently been released here in Australia. This is a clear gel type product which can be used with or without makeup but as it is clear it does not conceal the pores, it just fills the pores in. Underneath makeup it looks amazing.  

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top