MrKenDenis

| Make Up | Skin Care | Life is incomplete without contour | Haircare | YouTube |

Lasting Finish by Kate Nude Collection | ThePopHeir | Review & Swatches


In my opinion Nude lipsticks are essential in every makeup addict's collection. Rimmel London has worked closely with Supermodel Kate Moss to create these lovely nude shades. I have always been a fan of the lasting finish range and now they have a nude range! OMG!

As they are part of the Lasting Finish line, they have the same promises and finish as the original line.  The packaging design is the same with a different colour scheme and slightly tackier finish. I much prefer the original packaging as it was much sleeker and the materials did not feel as cheap. I see Rimmel was trying to stick to a nude theme by choosing this colour scheme but I just wish they had chosen other materials for it. 

The new range has a total of 5 colours. The product itself a satin finish lipstick which promises to last up to 8 hours on the lips. I do not complete agree with the statement but it does wear off nicely throughout the day. The formula is quite hydrating and is very pigmented. With exception to the lasting shade, all the colours managed to complete cover my natural lip colour which is maroon and brown.

40 - A Pale Nude




This is the lightest colour and is considered a pale nude. This would be more suitable for those with a fairer complexion if worn alone. However, you can use this on top of a darker shade to create an ombre effect.

42 - An Apricot Nude




This is their apricot shade. It has a slightly warmer tone and with pink hues in it. This would be more suited to light - medium complexions for a natural lip colour look and a nice light nude look for deeper skintones. This is one of my favourite shades.

43 - A Tan Nude




This is a camel nude shade. It is perfect for those with a tanned or medium complexion. It just gives that nice nude look without looking dead. This is my absolute favourite from the range.

45 - Rose Nude




Another perfect nude for light - medium skintones. This is their rose nude shade which honestly appears mauve on me. Definitely not a velvet teddy dupe but still a lovely shade.

48 - Coffee Nude




This is their rich brown shade which is aimed at people with a deeper skin tone. It looks amazing! On me it looks quite dark but in a sultry way. It a deep maroon shade.

Swatches


The above above has been edited to accurately show the colour, pigmentation and coverage as I see it in person.

Overall

Overall, I am in love with this nude range. I can definitely see myself wearing all these shades for different occasions and for different looks. They are reasonably priced as well and are readily available in places such as Priceline, Chemist Warehouse, Coles and other retailers where Rimmel London is normally found. The pigmentation is awesome and its lasts pretty well on the lips. I highly recommend these lippies to those looking at investing in nude shades. 


0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top